I was watching a video called “Equal Opportunity? Different starting lines.” On YouTube. In the video this coach guy. lines up dozens of young people in one line with the objective of them racing to him to win a $100.00 bill. He then asks them a series of questions. In each question if it is true they take a step forward. Here are some of the questions:
- Did you grow up in a two parent home?
- Did you have tutor for classes in school (I was surprised about how many did versus how many didn’t. I don’t know anyone that had one)?
- Did you have to help your parents with bills?
- Did you have ever worry about your cell phone being turned off?
- Have you ever worried about where your next meal was coming from?
There were many more and as it went on, The amount of young people that were toward the back were mostly brown and black. I could see their faces while the others laughed and giggled as they were several steps ahead. There were a few that stood at the front that looked back and I hoped understood.
Family (that’s you), this is the reason why I’m into personal productivity. I needed some way to win my own race. This allows us to determine our own success. So if it’s sales, writing, business, or your own endeavor you own the parameters of the finish line. In my own mind, this plus the grace of God are the reasons for my life. For me and maybe for you, our goals and milestones we do are not only to help our loved ones but it may have deeper meaning. It may help us catch up and more importantly to ensure the ones we love aren’t in the back
Leave a Reply.
CREATE AND CONSUME AND CREATE A CYCLE OF DOPENESS"